Credit card fraud by a PI
Credit card fraud has increased by 35% since the economy has been slow.
Private Investigator tells business how to stop credit card fraud
In today’s hard economic times, numerous consumers are initiating credit card charge backs since VISA allows it for 60 days from the date of purchase. For the service industry credit card charge backs are very popular.
There are several proven ways to enhance your chances of avoiding a credit card charge back:
- Verify Credit Card and consumers ID carefully.
- Make sure that the consumer understands what they are purchasing.
- Excellent communication and customer service for at least 60 days.
- A very detailed agreement that authorizes the credit card company to payout no more what occurs.
- An agreement that penalizes the consumer in case of a credit card charge back.
- Avoid disputes and disagreements with client as much as possible.
- Attempt to reconcile and offer a different service or product to satisfy consumer.
- If service industry, Mail out to consumer via certified mail & tracking copy of documentation from case file.